It’s about time we have a recipe that puts the Soy back in Soylent! This blog post is going to go over a recipe that utilizes soya milk to create a refreshing and great tasting drink compared to only using water such as in the previous Poor Man’s Recipe.
Benefits of Soya Milk
There are many nutritional benefits to drinking soya milk:
1. It’s a great source of Calcium, with 80 mg found in 8oz, you could completely eliminate any calcium supplements you’re currently including in your Soylent recipe.
2. Isoflavones. One cup of soymilk can contain 25 mg of isoflavones which have the potential to stimulate bone formation, prevent prostate cancer and breast cancer.
3. It’s a great source of choline, which is an essential nutrient used in the synthesis of the body’s cell membranes. Some more health effects can be found here but the biggest benefit is in it’s role as a nootropic or ‘smart drug’, improving memory, mood and other cognition systems in the brain.
4. Great source of Riboflavin, phosphorus and magnesium.
The SOYlent Recipe
1. 1 serving of Silk’s all natural soymilk, provides 7 g of protein and 250mg of Potassium and omega 3 fatty acids.
2. 1 oz of Alive! Multivitamins, provides you with 200% of your DV for Vitamin A, 833% of Vitamin C, 100% of Vitamin D, 667% of Vitamin E, 100% of Vitamin K, 3333% of Vitamin B12, 100% for Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Molybdenum and 200% for Manganese.- $19.09
3. 1 cup of Serious Mass, provides you with 250 g of carbohydrates and 50 grams of protein and 4 grams of fibre-$69 for 1 1/2 tubs
5. Take 1 per day of NOW Iron Supplements for 18 mg of Iron-$1.89
6. Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil-$7
7. Add 1-2 g of Swanson Monosodium Phosphate -$2.12
8. Take 1 tablet per day, Nature’s Way Choline 500mg - $2.97
Since the SOYlent recipe follows the Poor Man’s recipe so closely the monthly cost is very close. Taking 1 serving of soy milk a day makes the monthly cost of soy milk $25.92 when purchasing 1 order of Silk all natural soy milk. Bringing your monthly total to $131.73.